Italian Wedding Meatball Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lb. ground beef, 80% lean
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs, homemade is best
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated into a powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 ¼ cups carrots, diced
- 1 ¼ cups yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth,
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Fideo Pasta
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instant Pot Method
Gently combine the meatball ingredients and roll the meat into 1-inch balls. I prefer to fry meatballs in olive oil in a separate pan to ensure the soup is not to greasy.
Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add the olive oil.
Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Sauté for 5 minutes, until softened.
Add the garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth.
Add the Italian seasoning and meatballs.
Close the lid and seal the valve. Pressure Cook for 15 minutes.
Flip the quick release valve and allow the steam to escape.
Set the Instant Pot to sauté, add Fideo Pasta and allow to boil for 9 minutes.
Stir in the spinach, garnish with fresh Parmesan and parsley, and serve!